What is a carbon footprint?
A carbon footprint is a measure of the impact human activities have on the environment in terms of the amount of green house gases produced, which is measured in units of carbon dioxide.
A Carbon Footprint is made up of the sum of two parts. The primary footprint is a measure of our direct emissions of Co2 from the burning of fossil fuels. The secondary footprint is a measure of the indirect Co2 emissions from the whole life-cycle of products we use, i.e. those associated with their manufacture and eventual breakdown.
Stonewarehouse recognises that our operations will have an impact on the local and global environment and as such we are committed to the continuous exploration and development of procedures, systems and working practices that reduce the pollution and impact generated during the normal course of our business while ensuring our products remain of the highest quality.
Recognising and understanding this process means that we can reduce, offset, mitigate or eliminate our carbon use where possible and practical, allowing us to set clear objectives which we can monitor, manage and improve.
Stonewarehouse fully supports the principles of, and is committed to the sustainable use of global resources including the reduction of pollution and waste.
Our commitment means that we:-
- Ensure that raw materials are preferentially sourced from quarries conforming to acceptable environmental standards with particular regard to:-
- All extraction processors are achieved in conformance with the limits and controls stipulated under relevant national and local planning legislation.
- Production is achieved using the most technically efficient or appropriate processing and transportation procedures.
- Training programmes are in place to ensure that all personnel are aware of their responsibilities to the environment and understand and accept their individual and collective duty.
- Use raw material efficiently minimising the waste of resources.Consider the environmental impacts of any new products and developments of current products.
- Promote and improve energy efficiency throughout our operations including the use of public transport where possible, car sharing, journey planning, as well as looking at energy use within our offices and production facilities.
- Minimise waste, promote the reduction of wastage, encourage re-use and recycle resources wherever practical.
- Continue to research suitable recycled materials and formulations. We currently offer a range of recycled aggregates and glass.
- All our products are supplied on recycled pallets.