Terms and Conditions
Supply of Products
- All pictures shown on this website are issued by the company by way of a general description only. All our products are naturally sourced, and we cannot guarantee the appearance or colours of products shown on this website, will exactly match the appearance or colours of the products themselves. Natural products may come with a dust residue and show some size and colour variations. Please note all sizes quoted are approximate and will vary.
- Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contracting with the company on a business to business basis.
- Bag weights are approximate as stated on the website. Please allow for a -5/+5% tolerance.
- We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be processed. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm delivery details by e mail or telephone. In the unlikely event that the goods ordered are not available we shall phone or email you and arrange for your payment to be re-credited to your account within 7days.
- The price payable for goods that you order is as set out in our website.
- The company will make every effort to deliver products on the agreed date and time, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then no liability arises whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever. The date chosen at checkout is a desired delivery date, not a a guaranteed one – orders cannot be cancelled because of delayed delivery.
- Deliveries requested AM are to be delivered before 12:30 and PM deliveries after 12:30. Failure to meet these times will result in a refund for the extra cost paid for AM or PM as long as it is reported to us by phone at the time of delivery. The actual time of delivery must be written on the delivery note and signed for. If you have requested the pallet be dropped without signature, no refund can be applied. For PM and timed deliveries - if your delivery arrives early and you accept it without speaking to us first, we are unable to refund the timed delivery charge.
- Delivery by the company shall be conditioned upon access free from encumbrances and good roads being available to the company’s vehicles to the point of delivery.
- Deliveries are made on curtain sided 18 tonne tail lift offload (NOT crane offload), with manually operated pump trucks placing the pallet as near to your property as is deemed safe. Delivery can only be made if there is suitable access and a flat level surface, free of gravel and uneven paving etc. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform the company when ordering if there may be an access problem. In such cases that delivery, in the opinion of the company is not possible, then the company reserves the right to cancel the order.
- Delivery vehicles use tail lift offloading, and it must be emphasized that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made. A manual pallet truck is then used to manoeuvre the products off the tail lift to the kerbside delivery point. The driver will leave your pallet as near to where you require it providing the access is deemed safe and suitable. If the ground is unsuitable, pallets may be left on the roadside/kerbside at the driver’s discretion. Un-delivered orders will incur re-delivery costs if due to poor access. Please note - all goods are delivered on non-returnable pallets, and must be disposed of at the customer's own discretion.
- The goods need to be signed for by the customer on receipt of delivery, or you need to have contacted us beforehand to agree that the goods can be left without signature. Any prior arrangement to leave goods for as “unsigned” will be entirely the responsibility of the customer, as will any subsequent loss or damage incurred to the product or third parties. Whilst every attempt will be made to undertake delivery requirements, it is entirely at the driver’s discretion as to the suitability and accessibility of the chosen point.
- Delivery is deemed to be successful once the products have been delivered at the address provided for the delivery.
- The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery whereby the customer has instructed drivers or have made requests for goods to be placed anywhere other than on the kerbside (on the road like a parked car).
- Where a delivery cannot be made on the due date due to access issues we will attempt a re-delivery at your request for a minimum charge of £25 per pallet.
- The delivery vehicles must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made; they cannot park in any red zones or on restricted parking.
- If a kerb side delivery has been made it is the customer’s responsibility to move the product from the place of delivery to the area of requirement.
- For further Delivery information please do not hesitate to call us on 01629 636212.
Cancellations / Returns
- Changes to orders or cancellations must be made before goods are despatched which is a minimum of two working days before delivery. Due to the current Covid-19 situation we are often dispatching goods 3 or 4 days before delivery is due to ensure customers receive them on time. Refunds will be made in full if cancelled before the goods leave our yard.
- If an order is placed and then cancelled after products have already been despatched then a refund will be given less the cost to return or re-route goods to an alternative delivery point. Collection / return costs are usually around £75.00 per pallet, depending on the postcode.
- If the customer wishes to cancel an order after goods have been delivered then they may do so within fourteen working days of delivery. Goods must be returned in original packaging and fit for resale, at customers cost, to Long Rake Spar, as per the Distance Selling Regulations.
- The goods should be inspected on delivery with any damages or missing items reported on the paperwork. Please call us immediately on 01629 636212 and photographs are also be advisable to support any claim which must be received no later than 7 days after the delivery.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
The content of the Stone Warehouse website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights. Other than for your personal use in the context of your purchase, you may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Stone Warehouse site without written permission from Stone Warehouse.
Complaints should be sent to Stone Warehouse at Youlgrave, Nr Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1LW. Alternatively they can be emailed to email@example.com
At Stone Warehouse we value and protect customer details. The information we collect from you whilst processing your orders on-line will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998.
Stone Warehouse’s Liability
The Stone Warehouse site is provided without any warranties or guarantees. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the internet.
In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
- Incompatibility of the Stone Warehouse site with any of your equipment, software or telecom links.
- Technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Stone Warehouse site.
- Unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the Stone Warehouse site.
- Inadequacy of the Stone Warehouse site to meet your requirements.
These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of England. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into the by company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force.
Working days are Monday to Friday and exclude Saturday and Sundays.
Registered Office – Youlgrave, Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1LW
Registered in England. No 666952 VAT registration number: 126 0716 93
Telephone: 01629 636 212
Fax: 01629 636 247